Steve Johns, DDS
About Steve Johns, DDS
Implants and Reconstructive Dentistry
Dr. Steve Johns has focused much of his dental practice on providing implants and reconstructive dentistry to his patients. “Implant dentistry is my passion. It has given me the ability to greatly improve the quality of our patients’ lives by allowing them to function as they did with their own teeth.” He has obtained credentialing in many implant organizations.
Dr. Steve Johns attended high school in Cookeville, Tennessee and received B.S. degrees in Biology from Tennessee Technological University. He graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry and returned to Cookeville to open a dental practice with his wife Dr. Mary Linda in 1981.
- Putnam County Senior High School – Class of 1970
- Tennessee Technological University – 1970-1975
- University Of Tennessee College Of Dentistry – 1976-1978
- Alabama Implant Study Group Implant Series – 1980-1982
- Medical College of Georgia Maxi Course – 1983
- Misch Implant Institute – Graduate 1989-1990
- Diplomat in the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry (ABOI)
- Diplomat in the American Society of Osseointergration
- Fellow in the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- Fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantology (ICOI)
- Graduate of the Misch Implant Institute
Dr. Johns is currently serving his 7th year on the AAID Admissions and Credentials Testing Board and is a Honored Fellow of the AAID (reserved for the top 1% of the Academy).
- Honored Fellow AAID 2004
- Diplomate ABOI 2003
- Fellow AAID 1995
- Diplomate ASO 1992
- Fellow ICOI 1988
- National Health Service Corps 1978-1981
- Private Practice 1981-Present
- American Dental Association
- Tennessee Dental Association
- 4th District Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Alabama Implant Study Group
- Tennessee Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Southern District American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
- American Congress of Oral Implantology
- American Society of Osseointegration
- American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
- Dental Organization of Conscious Sedation
- President – 4th District Dental Society 1992-1993
- President – Southern District AAID 1993-1994
- President – East Tenn. Implant Study Group 1990-1991
- President – Alabama Implant Study Group 2000-2001
- Board of Trustees AAID 1993-1994
- AAID Chairman Ethics Committee 1997-1999
- Chairman of AAID Annual Meeting 1996
- Co-Chairman of AAID Research Foundation Meeting 1997
- AAID Annual Meeting Committee 2000
Drs. Steve and Mary Johns are both very active in the community. They attend and teach Sunday school at the First United Methodist Church. Dr. Steve Johns sings in the church choir and the Upper Cumberland Barbershop Quartet Chorus.
He earned his Eagle Scout in 1967 and is still very active with the Boy Scouts of America organization. He is a historian for the Upper Cumberland BSA and is the Unit Commissioner for troop 108 and Assistant District Commissioner and District Chairman for the Upper Cumberland District.
He is also a Board Member and Treasurer for the Cookeville History Museum.