We are experts at Dental Implants.
Dr. Steve Johns has over 30 years of training and experience in implant dentistry.We not only place the implant, we also complete the restoration process. Experience is important in selecting your implant dentist. Dr. Johns has gone through a rigorous credentialing process. He has earned the following credentials:
- Diplomate in the American Board of Oral Implantology (ABOI)
- Fellow in the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- Diplomate in the American Society of Osseointergration (ASO)
- Fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantology (ICOI)
- He also is an Honored Fellow of the AAID (top 1% of its members) and has served as an examiner for the AAID since 2004 which he examines dentist applying for the implant credentials. You also don’t have to travel from doctor to doctor; Dr. Johns takes care of the whole process from start to finish. He places the implants and also restores them to full function.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an ideal tooth replacement for people who are missing one or more teeth as a result of injury, periodontal disease, or any other reason. A dental implant is a man made titanium root replacement (anchor) placed in the jaw bone by an implant dentist. Once in place and time allowed to heal (3-6 months) an abutment (usually titanium) is secured to the implant. Next a crown is fabricated and secured to the abutment with either a titanium screw or dental cement. It will feel and function like your natural tooth or teeth. Dental implants have certain advantages over natural teeth. They will never decay or need root canals and therefore last longer than natural teeth. This is what makes a dental implant the treatment of choice in most cases.
To receive implants, you need to have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. You must also be committed to excellent oral hygiene and regular dental visits as these are critical to the long-term success of dental implants. Click on the image below for more information.