School’s out for summer and the kids will soon be looking for something to do. Of course, enjoying the fresh air and sunshine with some outdoor activities would be ideal, but when they can’t go outside they’ll need something to do inside. Entertain the kids and help them learn good dental habits with some of these fun and educational activities made just for them, from Mouth Healthy Kids.
- For kids who play sports, learn about mouthguards in an entertaining way. Kids may not want to wear a mouthguard to protect their teeth, gums, and jaw. Help them learn why it’s important. Mouth Healthy Kids provides coloring sheets, activity sheets, and pledges that can make mouthguards fun!
- Watch Sesame Street videos! Kids love the Sesame Street characters. These videos help kids learn how to brush their teeth properly and teach them about going to the dentist.
- Play some exciting games. Your kids will have a great time playing “To Tell the Tooth,” especially when they get the answers right. Al Smiles is the happy game show host who encourages kids to “try again” until they hear the audience applause!
- Learn what it takes to be a dentist. Preteens who are thinking about career choices can get inspired about the dental profession! They can learn more about the types of classes they’ll need to take and the many ways they will be able to help people as a dentist.
- Defeat Monster Mouth! Kids can enjoy a story as well as coloring and activity sheets, while learning how to keep their mouths clean and healthy!
When the summer rains or plain boredom has your kids looking for something to do, check out the American Dental Association’s Mouth Healthy Kids for fun, excitement, and a little education. (We’ll just keep that last part a secret!)