Summer is finally here! Kids are out of school. Families are planning vacations. Summer sports are in full
swing. We’re all ready to get outside and enjoy the sunshine and warmth of the season. Before heading
to the great outdoors, though, keep in mind some important tips that will help you and your family
enjoy a safe and healthy summer.
- Stay energized with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Did you know that June is Fresh Fruit and
Vegetable Month? It’s a great time to start healthy habits that will last a lifetime. Crunchy fruits
and vegetables, like carrots and apples, are especially good for your body as well as your dental
- Stay hydrated. Kids and adults alike tend to forget to drink their water while they are enjoying
outside activities, but that is the time they need water the most. For summer hydration, water is
the healthiest option!
- Use sunscreen and insect repellent. As you and your family spend more time outside, it will
become even more important to keep sunburn and bugs away from your skin. The most
effective sunscreen products protect against UVA and UVB rays and have a high sun protection
- Protect the family’s heads and mouths. Enjoying a family bike ride? Make sure everyone is
wearing an appropriate, well-fitting helmet. Kids playing summer sports? Mouthguards can help
protect their jaws and teeth.
- Maintain good dental health. Stay on top of the family’s oral care throughout the summer by
ensuring that everyone continues to brush and floss daily. A professional dental cleaning will
help everyone start the summer right with a clean mouth and a bright smile!
A safe, healthy family will enjoy the fun days of summer even more!